Wednesday, 29 June 2011

5 weeks to go

I am going to try and keep a blog diary of our trip to the Baltic we go at the beginning of august so that is when the next post will be.

4 comments:

  1. Two weeks to go. Have bought new clothes and booked excursions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are enjoying our cruise we have been to Oslo and Copenhagen and seen some excellent shows on board. The passengers are all very friendly. Today has been very sunny and warm enough to sunbathe. Tomorrow we are goi g to Stockholm And the following say to Helsinki .

    ReplyDelete
  3. at last I've managed to get on the internet. today we have been in St Petersburg on a trip - some of the buildings are magnificent but there are large blocks of grey buildings which are flats they look very forbidding. It's quite expensive. We were told that the average child per family is 0.09 - the birthrate if very low. there is a surplus of women. To promote family life the state provides the wedding dress if you get married.

    We are enjoying this trip. So far we have seen Oslo - my favourite, Copenhagen, Stockholm and Helsinki. We have been taking the hop on hop off bus to sight see - the trouble being you get on a bus to go one way and it goes another - but you still see the sights.

    The ship is great, the passengers are friendly and the entertainment and food is good. The only problem is that the sea air is shrinking John and I's clothes!!!!

    We are in port tonight, it seems very strange not to be moving. tomorrow we are going around tghe hermatage museum - its supposed to be a very fast walking trip so I'll need lot so alchol tomorow night to recover. We sail to Tallin tomorrow. With luck I might get on the net again. If not see you all in a week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha - for a millisecond I thought you were serious about the sea air! Sounds like you are having an interesting time so far. Hope you enjoy the rest of it! xx

    ReplyDelete